Ran the Conoco Rodeo 10K last Saturday. Amazing what can happen in one year of little to no running! One minute per mile slower than last year! It's a long way back ;)
Some running observations this past 11 months. NOTE: This is in addition to all that silly scientific stuff on runbayou.com.
- If you run 50-60 miles per week for several years, you're likely to be faster than those that run 0-30 miles per week for the last 11 months
- If you do speedwork twice a week for several years, you're likely to be faster than those that have not done speedwork for 11 months
- You're likely to be more motivated to run if you're NOT in pain...vs if you are in pain
- If you eat a bizzillion calories per day and run 50-60 miles per week, you'll burn 'em right off. If you eat a bizzillion calories per day and run 0-30 miles per week, you'll store 'em just above your belt
- You're likely to run faster if you haven't stored a bizzillion calories just above your belt
- Actually, some of the bizzillion calories are at the belt...forcing the use of fresh belt holes