Thursday, April 06, 2006

T-minus 10 days and 18 hours...

There are less than 11 days to the Boston Marathon. 10 days and ~18 hours to be a bit more precise.

And it's begun...the obsessing and stressing over everything.

I haven't started reading Boston weather reports but my buddy Scott is emailing them to me and it's driving me crazy. I mean, no way they can predict weather any better than here in Texas. So what's the point? That said, it's only a matter of a couple of days before I'll be checking weather sites...

Am taking a daily inventory of every single ache and pain. That's not so bad but I'm reviewing my running log to see what was up 10 days and 18 hours before last year's Boston...and the year before that. The good news is that the aches and pains are normal; the bad news is that I'm still worried about 'em. The good news is that they went away by the time there was to 5 days and 4 hours to the marathon. The bad news is that I think this time it might be different. Guess I'll have to wait.

I've also been surfing the BAA web-site. It's obvious everyone else going to Boston is doing the same thing...that darn site is S L O W

Anyway, I find myself wondering why their sorting and searching cababilities aren't better. It'd be nice to search and sort by mulitple fields...like state and bib number, age and bib number, multiple cities, etc., etc.

No, I don't have any real reason to search for stuff like that but it sure would help pass the time.

Whoops, it looks like the latest forecast calls for a bit of rain and a slight tailwind. I wonder what some of the other weather sites are saying. Gotta go...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I considered posting this anonymously so you weren't tempted to beat me up. But here you go - Boston Marathon weather for the 16th

Chip Tyme said...

Barbara:
Thanks. Of course, the Boston Marathon is on the 17th...

Anonymous said...

A little birdie told me that I was mentioned as the weather emailer. I do not want to be considered the crazy guy who emails weather reports. When I read the to the end of your posting though - I notice that you left with a question that requires an answer. So...rather than emailing - I will just leave it here:-)

Weather.com High 53 with wind from the north at 12 mph and 54% humidity.

Accuweather – High 65 with wind from the nnw at 8 mph.

NOAA.co – dang it we still have to wait one more day.


Scott

elf said...

Good luck in Boston, Jay! Hope it goes well.

I'm mulling over a fall marathon--maybe Chicago. So, if you're starting the program back up again for the fall, I'm probably in...

Erin