Thursday, February 16, 2006

Overdoing it

Today's workout was tough. Not on it's own mind you. But, when combined with the last two days of running, it took me over the top.

Okay. I overdid it this week. Hey, it happens.

Here's the story
Tuesday, we worked out on the track. 6x200s and 6x400s at repetition pace (~5K race pace) with full recoveries. The workout went well and life was good.

Wednesday was supposed to be an easy day. Well, I got a new position at work and was a bit excited. So, instead of taking it nice and easy on my evening run with the BCRR folks, I ran about 30 seconds per mile too fast for just over 6.5 miles. Again, it was easy to do and life was good.

Thursday morning came darn early...4am early. Hill bounding. Somehow completed the workout but it was not fun. In fact, it hurt. Hurt like in race hurt. No fun at all.

The thing is. The hill bounding should not have been hard. But with no recovery run on Wednesday, the body was not quite ready.

So...I'll rest on Friday...and maybe even on Saturday. No point in taking any chances. Boston is only 8 weeks and 4 days away!

No comments: